1) Over 183 people have been legally cited in Australia for "bushfire-related" offenses between November 2019 and January 2020, with 24 being deliberate arson cases. The American media is not only hiding this fact but actively lying about it.
2) The fires of this 2019-2020 season are not the largest fires in Australian history.
3) Australia is currently experiencing record high temperatures and a record dry year. However the 2nd driest year on record was over 100 years ago in 1903, completely dismissing any positive correlation between increases in climate and decreases in rainfall.
4) As points 3 and 2 are both true, meaning Australia has seen much worse fires in times of cooler and damper climate, it is illogical and unreasonable to blame the current climate for the present fires. Given that the current climate is obviously not helping, without a congruent relationship in fire size and temperate increases over time it's simply irrational to blame the fires on climate change.
Sources: Shown Above
5) The 2019-2020 Australian fires are the cause of a combination of points 1 and 3 and would not exist without point 1 (Over 183 people have been legally cited in Australia for "bushfire-related" offenses between November 2019 and January 2020). No image needed, sources above.
6) Even the spike in fires seen around Christmas of 2001 were the result of arson as shown in this CNN article from 2001.
7) These massive fires have been taking place in Australia for hundreds of years with no relation to changes in the climate.
8) It's estimated that more than 1 billion animals have died in the 2019-2020 Australian bushfires. This is a tragedy and measures should be taken to prevent this from happening again. Unfortunately, the powers at hand such as politicians, the media and Hollywood are pushing a false narrative about the fires while suppressing real information for political purposes. We can never prevent tragic history from repeating itself if we are unable to properly identify the cause of the tragedy.
To set someone up for a lie, they always start by telling facts. Yes, Australia is currently seeing record high temperatures and lack of rainfall. No, this is not the cause of the fires. Historical data shows us that rainfall will revert to plentiful amounts in the near future and although the average surface temperature is rising it is not having a direct effect on or relationship with the size or amount of bushfires. Propaganda is strong but truth is found in science, history and reason. We must stop allowing political agendas to restrict the truth and prevent progress, especially ones such as this with aims of restricting liberty for a sense of moral superiority.